Comprehensive guide for migration from your MLML account to your SJSU account
We recommend doing all of the steps in each section in one sitting to make sure that you don't lose any work done partway through. Once you start the migration process, don't stop until you only need your SJSU account from now on. Keep this guide open and refer to it as you work through the migration, and don't forget to create an IT Helpdesk Ticket if you have any questions!
Section 1 - Email, Contacts, and Calendars
Section 2 - Migrating your Google Drive files
Migrating your Google Drive is more complex and can be time-consuming depending on how much data you have stored and the structure of your folders and sharing. If you have any questions about this, or if you just have a particularly complex Drive, please reach out to IT and we'll work with you to make sure everything gets moved over correctly.
How do I know when I'm done migrating?
A complete migration is:
- If you had contacts stored in your MLML Google account, you transferred them.
- If you used Google Photos in your MLML account, you transferred them.
- Google Drive:
- You no longer need to sign into your MLML Google account to access anything.
Frequently Asked Questions
What do I do if I use a shared account, like firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com?
Your group's shared account will be migrated to a Delegated Account. MLML IT will reach out and provide more information.
- Resource calendars (such as for vehicle and room reservations) will be re-created in the SJSU Google domain and replaced on the MLML website when complete.
- For other calendars that are shared with you, please refer to Migrate calendars from your MLML account to your SJSU account.
I don't have an SJSU account, how do I migrate?
- All non-SJSU consortium campus students should have been issued an SJSU ID number and email address as part of this process. Check your MLML email for details. If you do not have one, or do not have access to your SJSU account, please file an IT Help Desk ticket.
- If you are a faculty member, staff, volunteer, or have some other relationship with MLML, please file an IT Help Desk ticket and include as much information about your position as possible. Depending on your status, you may have to provide some information to SJSU before an account is created for you.
I'm not sure if I have an SJSU account or not, how do I check?
- Look yourself up in the SJSU Directory.
- Search your email for a message with your 9-digit SJSU ID number, from when it was created.
- If you know your ID number but not your email or password, use the SJSU password reset webpage.
The SJSU email address that was created for me doesn't match my preferred name, can I change it?
- Your SJSU email address can be changed if it doesn't match your preferred name.
- First, ensure your preferred name is set the "Personal Information" section in MySJSU.
- After you have set a preferred name, file an IT Help Desk Ticket. Make sure to include your current email address and the address that you would like it changed to.
- Best practices for using your SJSU Google Workspace account
- Configure email on your phone and other third-party email programs
- Use multiple Google accounts simultaneously with browser profiles and containers
If you have any questions throughout this process, please submit an IT Helpdesk Ticket and we'll be happy to help.