Migrate your Gmail filters from your MLML account to your SJSU account
If you don't have any filters set up in Gmail, you can skip this step.
How do I know when I'm done transferring email filters?
You exported the filters from your MLML account and uploaded them to your SJSU account.
Follow the directions below to complete this process:
- In your MLML account, navigate to Gmail settings > Filters and Blocked Addresses.
- If you don't have any filters (i.e. this list is empty), then you can skip this entire step and proceed to step 3.
- Click Select: All > Export
- A file named mailFilters.xml will be downloaded.
- Open your SJSU Gmail settings and navigate to Filters and Blocked Addresses
- Click Import filters.
- Click Choose file > upload the mailFilters.xml > Open file
- Click Create filters.
NOTE: Check “Apply new filters to existing mail” if you would like to sort emails already in your inbox.
- Your filters are now uploaded to your SJSU account and will sort new mail as it arrives