When throwing away any electronics, all data/information and any tags will need to be deleted/removed before discarding.
Follow these E-Waste procedures outlined below:
- Check for MLML, SJSU, or SJSURF asset tags
- If present, remove the tag and stick it to a piece of paper. Write the Make, Model, and description of the device.
- Give the paper with this information to Kathleen and a copy to IT.
- Remove the hard drive and label it with the group (e.g. MLML) and device info.
- Coordinate for the destruction of data or drive with IT via iTicket.
- Check with IT to determine if any parts/components are still viable or useful.
- Dispose the device in e-waste bins located in the corner of the corp yard by the warehouse door. Make sure the bins are covered after you’re done.