Installing Admin/Library Konica Minolta Copiers (macOS)
Mac OS X 10.10+
These instructions are for the NEW Konica Minolta copiers that were installed in December 2021 for use with newer versions of macOS. Older versions of macOS will have similar instructions, but certain fields may be named slightly different. If you find something that is out of date, please submit a Help Desk ticket.
1. Download the printer driver
2. Add the printer
- Access your System Preferences (in the drop-down menu from clicking on the Apple logo in the top left corner of the desktop).
- Go to Printers & Scanners. Click on the + button to add a printer.
NOTE: If you have the old library or admin printer installed, remove it first by highlighting it, then clicking on the - symbol.
- Click the globe icon/IP tab at the top of the window
- Enter the following for the printer you wish to add into the Address text box
- Library Copier: MLM-PRT-102B.mlml.calstate.edu
- Admin Office copier: MLM-PRT-205.mlml.calstate.edu
- Select Line Printer Daemon - LPD from the Protocol drop-down menu.
- Leave the Queue field blank.
- Change the name of the printer to something that helps you easily identify the printer (eg. "Library Printer" or "Admin Copier"). You may do the same for the Location field if you desire.
- Select the Select Software… option from the Use drop-down menu. Search for the model # of the printer
- Library and Admin office copiers: KONICA MINOLTA C550i PS
- Highlight the correct print driver and click OK without changing any fields, then click the Add button
- Admin Copier Example:
- Select the following options in the printer setup window then click OK:
- The printer is now installed, follow the next steps in order to print successfully.
3. Configure Printing Presets
- Open a blank Word document or text file.
- Select Print… from the File menu
- From the drop down list in the middle of the print dialogue box select Quality
- Under Select Color choose Gray Scale
- Go to the Presets drop-down menu and select Save Current Settings as a Preset… Name this preset something easy to distinguish, such as “MLML B&W” and apply only to this printer. Click OK.
- Repeat these steps to create a preset for color printing by selecting Auto Color.
- Click Cancel to exit the print dialog.
- Ensure that you are selecting the correct preset when printing B&W vs. color documents.