Recovering Duo 2-Factor Account
When you setup your Duo 2-Factor Account, it's important to setup Duo Restore to ensure easy account recovery if you get a new device or your account is deleted off your original device. However, if you did not enable Duo Restore before getting a new device do not fear, you can still recover your account by contacting the MLML IT Help Desk. Follow the instructions below:
- File an MLML IT Ticket. Include your name, and your SJSU email address and ID number.
- When your request is processed, you will be sent a temporary bypass code.
- Visit the SJSU Duo MFA Settings page: https://sjsu.okta.com/signin/verify/duo/web
- Enter this code when prompted for a Duo code:
- Follow the directions on the SJSU Duo setup page to add your new device as a Duo authentication device: https://www.sjsu.edu/it/services/computer-security/duo/