Recovering Duo 2-Factor Account
When you setup your Duo 2-Factor Account, it's important to setup Duo Restore to ensure easy account recovery if you get a new device or your account is deleted off your original device. However, if you did not enable Duo Restore before getting a new device do not fear, you can still recover your account through the SJSU IT Department. Follow the instructions below:
- First you will need to contact the SJSU IT Department
- Submit request via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- In this email let their IT department know that you have an account on an original device but now have a new device, that you have not setup Duo Restore, and you need to register your account on your new device.
- The IT department will respond to you asking for you to verify your identity - make sure you always verify the recipient before you share any information via email. The email should come from email@example.com.
- Once they verify your email, they will remove your old account which will allow you to setup your new account.
- To setup your new account, follow the instructions on our Set Up Duo 2-Factor Authentication page.
- You can also access the instructions on how to enable Duo Restore from our setup page, or directly visit the Duo Restore Help page. ***It is HIGHLY recommended that you setup Duo Restore for an easier transfer in future scenarios***