Save and Use Messages as Templates in Mac OS Mail
To save a message as a template in macOS Mail:
- Open Mail.app > Mailbox (in menu bar) > New Mailbox.
- Select for the mailbox and type "Templates" into the name field.
- Create a new message.
- Edit the message to contain anything you want in the the template.
o You can edit and save the message subject, contents, recipients and/or the message priority.
- Select, File > Save as Draft from the menu.
- Close the message editing window.
- Go to the Drafts folder.
- Move the message you just saved from the "Drafts" folder by dragging it to the "Templates" folder.
To use a message template in macOS Mail to create a new message:
- Open the "Templates" folder containing the desired message template.
- Highlight the template you want to use for the new message.
- Select Message > Send Again from the menu.
- Edit and send the message.
You can also use any message you previously sent as a template by copying it to your "Templates" folder (or using Message > Send Again directly). To edit a template, create a new message using it, make the desired changes and the save the edited message as a template as described above while deleting the old template.