Adding the Zoom Chrome Extension for Scheduling Zoom Meetings via Calendar
This page will teach you how to add the Zoom extension to your Google Chrome browser. The Zoom Scheduler Chrome Extension allows participants to schedule Zoom meetings directly from Google Calendar. Using the extension, you can start an instant meeting or schedule a future meeting. The meeting join link and details are sent via a Google Calendar invitation so the attendee can join with a single-click from their calendar.
- Google Chrome
- Zoom Chrome extension from the Google Chrome Web Store
- Zoom account with Google, work email and password, or Single Sign On (SSO) login
- Using Google Calendar to schedule meetings
How to Install the Extension:
- Before you can schedule meetings using the Chrome extension or directly in Google Calendar, you need to install the Zoom Scheduler extension from the Chrome Web Store. Click Add to Chrome in the upper right of the extension window.
How to Navigate the Extension:
- The Zoom Chrome extension will install an icon next to your Chrome address bar. If you click the Zoom button, the Chrome extension will open.
- Sign in to your Zoom Account.
- Once signed in, you will have additional options in the Chrome Extension:
- Schedule a Meeting: Click Schedule a Meeting to open up a new event on Google Calendar.
- Start a Meeting: Hover over Start a Meeting to choose to start with video or start without video. Learn more about instant meetings.
- Name/email address: Click on your name or email address to open your Zoom profile page.
- Gear icon: Click on the Gear icon to open the Zoom meeting settings.
How to Schedule a Zoom Meeting Using the Calendar Extension:
- Create a new calendar event or edit an existing calendar event.
- Open the additional options for the event.
- For a new calendar event, click More Options.
- For an existing calendar event, click the Pencil icon.
- Click Make it a Zoom Meeting.
- This will create a Zoom meeting and populate the meeting details in the description.
- Click Save.
- **Note: The settings you have saved in your Zoom account for your meetings will automatically be applied to any meetings scheduled through the extension (waiting room, video/audio preferences, etc.)