How to Disconnect from a Server or File Share
- Open a command prompt by either:
- Click Start > Programs > Accessories > Command prompt
- or -
- Click Start > Run and type "cmd" (without the quotes) and click OK
- Type " net use " and press enter to view your active SMB connections.
- Type " net use /delete \\servername\sharename " and press enter.
(Where "servername\sharename" is the name of the server and share point to which you are connected.)
For example: " net use /delete \\mlmlapps\windows "
- Type " net use " again to verify that the desired connection has been deleted.