Seminar Room Audio System Instructions
The Seminar Room is equipped with a built-in audio system that must be used to play audio from the computer on the podium (DVDs, internet video/music) or microphones. Instructions for setting up the audio system for these functions are below.
IMPORTANT! The A/V closet in the back of the Seminar Room is locked when not in use. Please obtain the key for the A/V closet from the Help Desk cubicle (Admin offices).
Set up computer audio: (for DVDs, internet video, and music)
- Power on the computer on the podium.
- Verify that the black audio cable on the podium is connected to the headphone jack on the computer and the 1/8" mini plug on the podium (between the left and center VGA/video ports on the podium).
- Open the A/V closet. In the A/V closet is a mixer (silver box on table) and an amp (large black box underneath table)
- Press the power button on the Power Amp at the bottom of the rack to turn on the audio system.
- Press the power button on the mixers.
- On the computer, start the audio or video you plan to play and adjust the volume on the computer to the desired level while the audio/video is playing.
PLEASE! Remember to turn off the amp and mixer, and lock the A/V closet door when you are finished.
Set up audio for microphones: (handheld and lapel mics are available)
- Please submit an IT Helpdesk Ticket to request assistance setting up the microphones. Thank you!
NOTE: The microphones must be checked out from the IT Help Desk cubicle located in the Admin office (Room 200).